Western AreaHigashimatsuyama City
Fossil and Nature Experience Center
The Iwadonokyūryō around the experience center mainly comes from the Toki River layer group, a stratum accumulated from 15 million to 10 million years ago, containing a wide range of fossils.
The experience center is one of the only facilities within the prefecture in which the digging of fossils, such as 15 million-year-old shark teeth, can be experienced.
Challenge yourself to dig up fossils using a sieve, hammer, and graver with a lecturer!
Fossils you find, with some expectations, can be brought home. Since the digging of fossils takes place inside, this is a facility in which activities can be enjoyed even on rainy days.
Tour / Experience facilities
- Tourist spot name
- Fossil and Nature Experience Center
- Higashimatsuyama Bandōyama 13
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- 9:00 ~ 17:00
- Regular holiday
- Monday of every week (in case of a holiday, the following day), New Year's Holiday (December 29th to January 3rd)
- In the City: Elementary, Middle School Students 500 yen, General 700 yen Out of the City: Elementary, Middle School Students 700 yen, General 1,000 yen
- Public transport
Take the bus headed for Kami Kumai from the west exit of Takasaka Station and Get off at “Kaseki to Shizen no Taikenkan”
Approximately 10 minutes via taxi from the west exit of Taksaka Station of Tobu Tojo Line and roughly 15 minutes via taxi from Higashi Matsuyama Station
- Approximately 10 minutes from Higashimastuyama Interchange of the Kan-Etsu Expressway to the direction of Kawagoe・Kawajima
Available for Large Buses