Western AreaKawagoe City
Shingashi River behind the Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine
Shingashi river, which flows behind Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine, is lined with 500 meters of cherry blossom trees that transform the area into popular "sakura"-spot in spring! The "Little Edo Kawagoe Spring Sailing" is an event arranged at the end of April. Sail down the river in a small Japanese-style boat as you enjoy the tunnel of fully blooming sakura above you and the river filled with pink flower petals floating beneath you. This is a must-experience for any fan of the Japanese cherry blossom.
- Tourist spot name
- Shingashi River behind the Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine
- Around 108 Hikawacho, Kawagoe City, Saitama Prefecture
- 049-222-5556（Kawagoe City Kawagoe Station Tourist Information Center）049-222-5556（Kawagoe City Kawagoe Station Tourist Information Center）
- Home page
- Event information
- Late March or early April: Koedo Kawagoe Spring Boat Tour
Business hours / Fee
- There is a charge for boarding a boat trip in Koedo Kawagoe Haru (Amount undecided)
- Public transport
Transfer to the Tobu Bus (Kawagoe 06) from the east exit of Kawagoe stn, Tobu Tojo line, or from Hon-Kawagoe stn, Seibu Shinjuku line. Get off at Miyashitamachi bus station.
Transfer to the "Koedo Famous Locations Loop Bus" from the east exit of Kawagoe stn. Get off at Miyshtamachi bus station.
Transfer to "Koedo Loop Bus (bound for Kitain)" from the west exit of Hon-Kawagoe stn. Get off at Hikawa Jinja Mae bus station.
Located right by the bus stations.
- Kanetsu Expressway :20 minutes by car from Kawagoe IC, Ken-O Expressway:About 15 minutes from Kawajima IC