Eastern AreaGyoda City
In 1805 a traveling merchant from the former Oomi province, the current Shiga prefecture, arrived in Gyoda city searching for good water. In the area closest to Tone river and Arakawa river, the groundwater was plentiful, so he chose this place to build a Sake brewery. Nowadays, this place is famous for its clean water, and they are still producing exquisite sake here. The southern style of brewing sake, fermenting the rice at a low temperature, is a masterful technique that lets you feel the soul of the brewer. This sake is truly a masterpiece.
Tour / Experience facilities Sake
- Tourist spot name
- Yokota Brewery
- 2-29-3 Sakuracho, Gyoda City, Saitama Prefecture
- Home page
- Event information
- Tasting of the newly brewed sake is cancelled from mid-December to late February.
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- Tour time Weekdays excluding Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Information for about 30 minutes)
- Regular holiday
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
- Public transport
- 3 minutes walk from Higashi-Gyoda Station on the JR Chichibu Main Line