Chichibu AreaMinano Town
About 12 million poppies are in full bloom on a vast slope 500 meters above sea level.
The contrast between the red of the poppies and the clear blue sky is spectacular.
During the blooming period, an event called "Poppies in the Sky" will be held, featuring gourmet food from the surrounding area, sales of local specialties, and the opening of a temporary parking lot. We hope to see you there.
Parks / Gardens Scenery / Landscape Flower Products / Direct sales shops
- Tourist spot name
- Tenku Poppy
- 2949-1 Sakamoto, Higashi-Chichibu-mura, Chichibu-gun
- Home page
- Event information
- Mid-May to early June Poppy in the sky
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
During the event 9:00 - 17:00 (Last entry 16:30)
(In 2023, the event will be held from May 18th to June 4th.)
- Regular holiday
* Closed in stormy weather
*The park will be closed when it rains because the parking lot cannot be used. Please check the website after 17:00 the day before.
- Environmental cooperation fee: 500 yen (Junior high school students and above, please cooperate with payment.)
- Public transport
20 minutes by taxi from Chichibu Railway "Minano Station"
* There is a temporary bus from the station. For details, check the website.
About 40 minutes from the Hanazono IC on the Kan-Etsu Expressway.
About 40 minutes from Kanetsu Expressway Ranzan Ogawa IC.
- Free: Temporary parking lot only Mid-May to early June 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. only during the event.