Chichibu AreaChichibu City
The building was built in 1930 and was registered as a Tangible Cultural Property in 2001.
At the Chichibu Meisen museum, you can learn about the history of Chichibu Meisen, view the exhibits, and try your hand at stencil dyeing and weaving.
All the equipment displayed in the museum is still in use, and if you are lucky, you can even see it in action.
Historical and Cultural facilities
- Tourist spot name
- Chichibu-Meisen Museum
- 28-1 Kumagimachi, Chichibu City
- Home page
- Event information
- The machines in the facility operate every second Saturday of the month.
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- 9:00 - 16:00
- Regular holiday
The New Year's holiday
(Dec 29 - Jan 3)
- Adults 200 yen, Children 100 yen, ※For groups of more than 25 people, adults pay 150 and children 50 yen.
- Public transport
- 5 min walk (800 m) from Seibu Chichibu Station (Seibu Railway)
75 minutes from the Sayama-Hidaka IC on the Ken-O Expressway
60 minutes from Hanazono IC of Kanetsu Expressway (using Minano-Yorii Toll Road)
- Free: 24 parking slots (One parking designated for people with a disability)