Western AreaHanno City
Togo Park Chichibu Ontake Shrine
This shrine is dedicated to the spirit of Mt. Ontake, the main mountain of the Kiso district. It is said to have great spiritual power and to protect visitors by dispelling bad spirits and bringing good fortune. The shrine garden covers an area of almost 50.000 square meters, including Togo Park located within its precincts. The shrine performs various kinds of "o-harai (a Japanese form of light exorcism)" for groundbreaking ceremonies, house exorcism, car exorcism, and you can also visit for Shichigosan (ceremony celebrating children at the age of 3, 5, and 7) or to make your first shrine visit of the year.
Historical and Cultural facilities Parks / Gardens Temples and Shrines Scenery / Landscape Festivals and Traditional performing arts
- Tourist spot name
- Togo Park Chichibu Ontake Shrine
- 580 Sakaishi, Hanno City
- 042-978-0072〔Office〕 042-978-0590〔Shrine〕
- Home page
- Event information
- November Momiji Festiva
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- Free to walk
- Public transport
- 25 minutes walk from Seibu Railway Agano Station
- From the Kanetsu Expressway Tsurugashima Interchange and the Ken-O Expressway Sayama Hidaka Interchange, take National Highway 299 toward Chichibu for 35 minutes.
- There are 30 cars in the first parking lot and 70 cars in the second parking lot.